The TOMI’s mission is to collect and disseminate in an integrated way, the information that exists today in the cities, improving the quality of life of its residents and the experience of those who visit the city.
- The goal is to contribute to the sustainability of cities, optimizing the urban mobility by providing citizens and visitors useful information, such as local news, cultural agenda public transport options, among others.
- TOMI presents an integrated solution that offers to the general public the initiatives of cities in several areas, from energy efficiency, the improvement of urban mobility to pollution reduction, which are examples of the main themes and concerns of the Smart Cities
- TOMIs are placed in strategic locations. They are interactive equipments that operate in network and that are presented as a unique technological solution and worldwide pioneer.
- In the era of social media sharing and global communication, TOMI allows interaction with any mobile device, offering features that simplify people’s daily lives.
- The de-materialisation of the daily proceedings of citizens can be enriched at various levels and in various important kinds of activity. This is a key milestone in the history of the cities and in the way that we live and interact with them, considering the Smart Cities strategy. In regards to this, the cashless TOMI PAY system can enable, for example, the purchase at any time of a service in the city, such as tickets, consumer goods purchase or services payment.
- TOMI network in Portugal, already has a coverage of 50% of the mainland territory.
- Portugal is already the first TOMI Smart Country of the World.
- The digital and interactive platform is based on four base areas: News, Events, Directory and Transports – and also exists a Fun Zone area for City Marketing.
Smart Cities are a new paradigm for which all cities are trying to evolve.
Sustainable growth and the increase competitiveness through the use of new technologies to achieve these goals are constant concerns to the XXI century cities.